- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ciabatta bread, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g foie gras
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 50 ml red wine
- 50 ml raspberry vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Rub the garlic on the ciabatta halves and brush with the olive oil. Discard garlic and place ciabatta on a baking sheet, bake for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan until very hot. Pan-fry the ciabatta halves for 1 minute on each side. Remove the ciabatta from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the foie gras and shallots to the hot frying pan and cook, stirring, until the shallots have softened.
5. Add the red wine and raspberry vinegar. Cook briskly, scraping the frying pan with a spatula to de-glaze it.
6. Place the foie gras on top of the ciabatta and pour over the raspberry vinegar sauce. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe