- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs soaking time
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck livers
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 100 ml port
- 100 ml madeira
- 100 ml armagnac
- 1 French stick
1. Season the duck livers and split in half.
2. Remove the veins and discard.
3. Soak for 24 hours in the madeira and armagnac until the alcohol is absorbed by the liver.
4. Lay out 3 sheets of aluminium foil on a kitchen surface. Drain the foie gras and place it on the foil. Roll it very tightly into a sausage shape approximately the diameter of a golf ball.
5. Plunge into boiling water for 3 1/2 minutes, then plunge into cold water to stop it cooking.
6. Serve with the French bread.
Rate This Recipe