- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the salsa rossa
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onions, diced
- 1 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 handfuls mint, roughly chopped
For the arancini
- 1 handfuls fontina cheese, cubed
- 5 sorrel leaves
- cooked risotto
- 100 g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Tips and Suggestions
Dampen your hands with water when rolling the risotto balls to prevent them from sticking and falling apart.
1. For the salsa rossa: put the tomatoes in a pan with the onion, garlic, cinnamon, olive oil and chilli. Cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture has thickened to a salsa consistency. Stir in the vinegar and the mint.
2. For the arancini: divide the cheese into five portions, then wrap each portion in the sorrel leaves. Get a large spoonful of risotto and make a dip in the middle. Put the wrapped cheese in, and cover with more rice. Roll into a ball and season with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle the flour onto a plate, and do the same with the breadcrumbs. Roll each risotto ball in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
4. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer until hot. Carefully place the arancini into the oil and deep fry over a medium heat until they turn golden brown.
5. Remove the arrancini with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Pile the arancini onto a plate and serve the salsa alongside, in a small bowl for dipping.
Rate This Recipe