- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 4 onions, roughly chopped
- 800g-1 kg stewing lamb, diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- 2 tsp hot curry paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 500 ml water, boiling
- knob of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Tip in the onions, diced lamb and garlic, and fry over a medium heat for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Add the curry paste, salt and chilli powder, cook and stir for another minute.
4. Add the tomato ketchup together with the boiling water, then stir in the butter.
5. Transfer the curry to a roasting tin or casserole dish, loosely cover it with foil and place in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with, mango chutney, coriander naan bread, basmati rice, salad leaves and poppadums.
Rate This Recipe