- Serves: makes about 2 dozen biscuits
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 375 g butter, softened
- 150 g caster sugar
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 15 g desiccated coconut
- 1/2 limes, grated zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- drops rose water
- drops almond essence
- 15 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Stir in the flour and separate the mixture into 3 portions.
3. Add the desiccated coconut, lime zest and lime juice to one portion, the rose water to the second, and almond essence and flaked almonds to the third portion.
4. Break off walnut-sized pieces and roll into balls. Place on lightly oiled baking trays. Flatten gently and then use a damp fork to make indentations across the top.
5. The biscuits will spread as they bake, so leave space between them.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until light golden in colour. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the tray and transferring to a cooling rack.
Rate This Recipe