- Serves: makes 3
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr resting for the dough
- Effort: medium
For the dough
- 200 g strong bread flour
- 5 g salt
- 12 g fresh yeast
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml water
For the filling
- 210 g buffalo mozzarella
- 150 g frankfurter, chopped
- 50 g blue cheese, such as gorgonzola, sliced
- 50 ml double cream
- rocket salad, to serve
1. For the dough: put the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, sugar and water in a large bowl. Mix together with your hands for 3 minutes and then tip the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 4 minutes.
2. Return to the bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
4. Grease a baking tray. Divide the dough into three and flatten each piece into a circle about 20cm in diameter.
5. For the filling: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
6. Top each dough circle with one third of the cheese mixture. Fold over each circle to make a Cornish pasty shape and crimp the edges.
7. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with rocket salad.
Rate This Recipe