- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinches dried oregano, for sprinkling
- 3-4 potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 300 g French beans, cooked al dente and finely diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 heaped tbsp parmesan
- breadcrumbs, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan /gas 6. Grease a 20-25cm cake tin and lightly coat with breadcrumbs.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onion, carrot, garlic and a sprinkling oregano until it softens slightly. Season with salt.
3. Add the potatoes and beans to the pan and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining oil to loosen the mixture.
4. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Add the parmesan along with the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle generously breadcrumbs, extra grated parmesan and an extra sprinkling of dried oregano. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Run a fork over the surface to create a rough texture.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top becomes crispy and golden and it is firm to the touch.
8. Leave to rest for 20-30 minutes until just warm throughout.
Rate This Recipe