- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 80 ml dry white wine, plus extra to thin fondue
- 200 g fontina cheese, in chunks
- 200 g reblochon cheese, in chunks
- pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp kirsch
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
To serve (selection of)
- Bayonne ham
- pickled onions
- chunks of bread
1. Rub the interior of a stainless steel saucepan with the garlic clove and discard the garlic. Warm the pan then pour in the white wine and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
2. Drop in the fontina and reblochon cheeses, and a pinch of nutmeg. Cook, stirring with a whisk, until the cheese melts.
3. Combine the cornflour with the kirsch in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly and stir into the cheese mixture.
4. Continue to stir and simmer until cheese mixture becomes smooth. This will take about 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add in a splash more of white wine if the fondue is too thick.
5. Transfer to a fondue pot, set over a flame and serve, along with fondue forks, a selection of guerkins, bayonne ham, pickled onions or chunks of bread.
Rate This Recipe