- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 2 bulbs Florence fennel
- 2 aubergines
- 2 red onions
- 2 whole heads garlic, cloves separated
- 3 lemons, thickly sliced
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g green beans, lightly cooked
- large bunch basil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper
1. Set the oven to 200°C/ gas 6. Chop up the peppers, courgette, onions, and aubergines into evenly sized pieces and place them into a large roasting pan. Scatter the garlic cloves and lemon slices evenly over the vegetables and drizzle with a little olive oil.
2. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast them for 30 minutes or so, until softened and caramelised.
3. Remove the cooked vegetables from the oven, take out the garlic and set aside, then transfer the remaining vegetables to a large serving bowl or platter. Allow the salad to cool a little and then stir in the cooked beans and the basil.
4. To make the dressing, squeeze the softened garlic pulp into a mortar, discarding the skins. Add a little sea salt and pound with a pestle until the mixture forms a paste.
5. Add the lemon juice and remaining olive oil and work everything together. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe