- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml red wine
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp lightlight muscovado sugar
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 75 g black olives, unpitted
- 1 oranges, grated rind and juice
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the tomatoes, wine, stock, garlic, rosemary and sugar in a flameproof casserole dish and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, pull the skin off the chicken. Add the chicken pieces to the pan. Partially cover and simmer for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Add the olives and orange rind and juice to the casserole dish, along with some salt and pepper. Arrange the bread on top of the casserole, then place the dish on a baking sheet.
4. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes until the bread is toasted and golden. The juices will bubble up and dribble down the side and over the bread in places, but don't worry, this is a rustic dish. Serve warm.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk
Rate This Recipe