- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 ltr water
- 400 g quinoa
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 2 bunches mint, eaves only, chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, peeled, and sliced
- black peppercorns, cracked
1. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the quinoa, stir once and return to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the quinoa and rinse well with cold water. Drain thoroughly to remove excess moisture.
3. Once the quinoa is dry transfer it to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, red onion, parsley, mint, olive oil, vinegar, salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well to mix thoroughly.
4. Serve the quinoa salad on the lettuce leaves, garnished with avocado slices and cracked peppercorns
Rate This Recipe