- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- small bunch of basil
- flakes sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
This sauce is particularly good with cheese, meat or vegetable filled pastas.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until the tomatoes are just starting to break down.
2. Stir in the sugar, balsamic and basil, and then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cook for a further minute or so, and then serve spooned over your preferred pasta.
Rate This Recipe