- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus a few hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
For the noodles
- 400 g green tea noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the crab
- 200 g fresh crab meat
- 2 tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 2 tbsp finely sliced spring onions
- 2 tsp finely sliced red chillies
- 800 ml cha soba sauce, (green tea sauce)
- 2 tbsp finely sliced nori seaweed
- twist limes
For the Japanese style pickled radishes
- 2 bunches radishes
- 100 g sugar
- 2 star anise
- 100 ml sherry vinegar
1. To make the green tea noodles; boil the noodles in salted boiling water, for 2 minutes. Drain and cool the noodles in iced water.
2. Drain the noodles and toss with the sesame oil to coat. Chill for a few hours.
3. To make the crab; soak the crab meat in a little of the cha soba sauce for 1-2 minutes.
4. To make the Japanese style pickled radishes; trim the radish and score across the base.
5. Heat the sherry vinegar, sugar and star anise and bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar.
6. Add the radishes to the pan and leave to cool and infuse.
7. To serve; arrange the cold noodles in a large bowl and spread flat.
8. Top with the soaked crab, ginger, red chilli, and spring onion.
9. Top with the nori and twist of lime.
10. Serve with a small bowl of the cha soba (green tea) sauce to dip the noodles into and the Japanese style pickled radishes.
Rate This Recipe