- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 7 small morel mushrooms
- 2 bulbs fresh (wet) garlic, plus an extra clove for the crostini
- 7 small new potatoes
- 7 bags baby carrots
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 bunches cima di rapa, (turnip tops)
- 6-7 tips purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 lemon wedges, to serve
For the crostini
- 2 small slices white spelt baguettes, (or bread of choice)
- 4-6 tbsp freshly grated pecorino cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan and gently fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
2. Remove the outer leaves from the bulbs of garlic, and shred each bulb horizontally (into rounds). Add the garlic to the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
3. Stir in the potatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper, then add the hot stock. Allow to simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are almost cooked.
4. For he crostini: meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil over the bread. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot, then griddle the crostini until toasted on each side.
5. Cut the remaining garlic clove in half and rub over the crostini. Press half the pecorino together to make a compressed mound and pile on top of one slice of bread. Repeat with the remaining pecorino and crostini. Place each crostini in a wide shallow soup bowl.
6. Add the small leaves from the turnip tops along with the purple sprouting broccoli to the soup and allow to poach for the last few minutes of cooking.
7. Pile the vegetables over the crostini and then pour over the broth. Drizzle a little olive oil over each bowl and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Rate This Recipe