- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 discs rice paper, each with a 20cm diameter
- 25g fresh mint leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, in olive oil
- 125 g bean sprouts
- 15 g basil
- 4 spring onions, cut into fine shreds
- 100 g flaky white crab meat
- deep fried vermicelli noodles, to serve
For the chilli dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Thai red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
1. Lay the sheets of rice paper onto a work surface and brush with water or, alternatively, dip into water.
2. When softened and pliable, place a scattering of mint leaves over the bottom 2/3rds of each paper leaving a 2.5cm border of rice paper at the bottom.
3. Place a little grated carrot over the mint leaves; followed by some mango, sun dried tomato, bean sprouts, basil, spring onion, crabmeat and finally a further layer of fresh mint leaves.
4. Fold up the bottom 2.5cm border of rice paper and fold over the filling, and then fold in the right and left side edges of the paper. Continue folding until a tight cylinder is formed.
5. Mix all the ingredients together for the dipping sauce.
6. Just before serving, cut the spring rolls in half and serve with some deep-fried crispy rice vermicelli and the dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe