- Serves: Makes 600 g fresh pasta
- Prep Time: plus 30 minutes resting time
- Effort: easy
- 250 g unbleached plain flour
- 250 g durum wheat flour
- 4 eggs
1. Sift the flours and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Add the eggs and use your hands to gradually incorporate them into the flour. Add a little water if required the dough should be soft but not sticky. Alternatively, you can mix the dough in a food processor. Transfer to a work surface and knead for a few minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 pieces so it is easier to work with. Take the first piece and roll it through a pasta machine on the widest setting. Fold it in half and run it through the machine again. Do this several times this process is called laminating and should make the dough silky and smooth. Now you can start rolling the pasta out at narrower settings. Keep going until the sheet is 12 mm thick.
3. Lay the sheet on a floured surface while you roll out the other pieces of dough. Cut the sheets into desired shapes and spread on a floured tray until you are ready to cook the pasta, it is best cooked the same day, or it can be frozen.
Rate This Recipe