- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the rice paper rolls:
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 large round rice paper roll wrappers
- 8 cooked prawns
- 1 Lebonese (short) cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Thai basil
- coriander leaves
For the Vietnamese dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- crushed peanuts
- 1 small oak leaf lettuce, washed and dried
1. For the rice paper rolls: put the rice vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 6-7 minutes, then drain.
2. Soften one of the rice paper wrappers in a bowl of hot water. Remove and shake off any excess water. Top the wrapper with a little vermicelli, 1 cooked prawn, some cucumber, basil and coriander and roll up, tucking in the sides.
3. For the dipping sauce, put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Top with the crushed peanuts
4. To serve, hold the rolls in a lettuce leaf and dip into the dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe