- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight standing
- Effort: easy
- 900 g strawberries, hulled
- 450 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
This jam has less sugar and is not cooked for very long. It is consequently runnier, fresher in taste and doesn't last as long as ordinary jam.
1. Place the strawberries in a preserving pan. Add the sugar and leave overnight.
2. The next day place the pan over a gentle heat and dissolve the sugar slowly.
3. Now bring to the boil and simmer for just 5 minutes.
4. Bottle the hot jam at once in warm, clean jars, top with waxed discs, cool, then cover.
Rate This Recipe