- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 baking potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 rashers smoked bacon, cut into strips
- 25 g croutons
- 25 g butter
- 2 fillet beef steaks, each 110g
- handful of mixed mesclun salad leaves or baby salad leaves
For the dressing:
- 55 g stilton cheese
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the parmesan wafers:
- 2 sheets of spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. First make the parmesan wafers. Brush one sheet of spring roll pastry with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan and top with the remaining spring roll pastry.
3. Cut the layered spring roll sheets into thin strips and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile make the dressing. Blend the Stilton (reserving a small piece) and vinegar together in a food processor until smooth.
6. Add the egg yolk and mustard and blend until smooth. Pour in the olive oil in a thin stream, blending as you do so. Crumble in the reserved Stilton to add texture.
7. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the diced potato. Fry until just cooked through and then add the bacon.
8. Fry until the bacon is crispy and then add the croutons and fry until croutons warmed through. Set aside and keep warm.
9. Heat the butter in a frying pan until nut brown. Add the beef and fry until cooked to taste.
10. Arrange the salad leaves on a serving plate and drizzle with the blue cheese dressing. Sprinkle over the potato, bacon and croutons. Top with the parmesan wafers and the fried beef. Serve at once
Rate This Recipe