- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 squid, cleaned
- 500 ml milk
- 250 g plain flour
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 750 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the squid into rings and rest in a bowl of milk for 5 minutes.
2. To make the batter, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Remove the calamari from the milk bath, making sure you allow the milk to drip out, and add to the flour mixture.
3. Mix the calamari in the batter with your hands, making sure all the rings are evenly coated. Remove the calamari from the batter onto a plate and shake off any excess flour.
4. Heat up the extra virgin olive oil in a deep pan. Keep the temperature high and gently place some of the calamari in the hot oil, making sure they are not crowded. Fry in batches until golden brown and crisp.
5. With a slotted spoon transfer to a plate and place on an absorbent paper towel. Sprinkle with salt, while hot.
Rate This Recipe