- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr draining, plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the fried courgettes:
- extra virgin olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 450 g very fresh courgettes, sliced into rounds
For the tzatziki:
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- 150 g thick Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp chopped mint
1. First make the tzatziki. Place the cucumber in a colander. Drizzle over the vinegar and sprinkle with salt. Stand over a plate and leave to drain for 1 hour. Pat dry with kitchen paper or on a clean tea-towel.
2. Mix the cucumber with the yogurt, garlic, mint and freshly ground pepper, then taste and add more salt if it needs it. Chill until required.
3. Just before serving the tzatziki, fry the courgettes. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
4. Add the sliced courgettes and fry over brisk heat until golden-brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper, season with salt and serve at once with the tzatziki.
Rate This Recipe