- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g eel, sliced into 1.5cm thick slices
- black pepper
- 100 g plain flour
- 10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200 g mixed salad leaves
- 50 g caviar
1. Coat the eel slices in flour and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Fry the eel slices for 2 and a half minutes on each side, until golden brown.
3. Mix together the remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar to make a dressing. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing.
4. Divide the salad leaves among 4 serving plates, placing the salad in the centre of each dish. Arrange the eel slices around the salad and add half a tsp of caviar between each eel slice. Serve.
Rate This Recipe