- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices ciabatta bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 8 eggs
- 2 small heads radicchio, or treviso, core removed, leaves torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pinches sumac, optional
Tips and Suggestions
Sumac is a spice used in Middle Eastern cooking. It has a tart, slightly citrus taste. It's available in some large supermarkets and Turkish or Middle Eastern shops.
1. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat (you may need to cook this dish in two batches if your frying pan isn't large enough to fry 8 eggs). Add the olive oil, bread, salt and chilli flakes. Stir until the bread is lightly toasted.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and break the eggs into the pan. Fry the eggs to your liking.
3. Arrange most of the torn radicchio on a large serving dish then slide the bread and eggs from the pan onto the leaves. Scatter over the remaining radicchio.
4. Return the empty pan to the heat, pour in the wine vinegar and swirl for a few seconds to heat.
5. Pour the hot vinegar over the eggs and sprinkle with sumac (if using) and a generous grinding of black pepper. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe