- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 4 mackerel fillets
- few sprigs of thyme
- juice of 1 limes
1. Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat and add the butter, garlic and ginger and stir so that the butter becomes well flavoured.
2. Add the mackerel fillets, laying them skin down in the pan. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the mackerel and place on the serving plate.
3. Add the thyme and the juice of the lime onto the pan. Allow the sauce to bubble for a few seconds and then spoon over and around the mackerel.
Rate This Recipe