- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, and cut into chunks
- splash olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 whole head garlic, cut into 4 wedges
For the aioli
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 lemon, juice
- 500 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the potato chunks in unsalted boiling water until cooked through but not falling apart. Once tender drain and cool in a single layer on a tray.
2. Meanwhile make the aioli. Crush the garlic until very smooth in a pestle and mortar.
3. Add to a food processor along with the egg yolks, mustard and saffron. Blitz the food processor to mix everything together and then with the motor running slowly pour in the olive oil until the mixture comes together to mayonnaise consistency. Season and add lemon juice to taste.
4. Heat a glug of olive oil in a heavy based frying pan and then add the cooled potatoes. Add the rosemary and garlic and fry until the potatoes are golden on all sides adding a little more oil during cooking if needed.
5. Remove and drain if necessary on kitchen roll. Season with salt and serve with the aioli.
Rate This Recipe