- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salsa
- 5 cm cucumber, seeds and soft flesh discarded, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- squeeze of lime juice
- small handful coriander, chopped
- small handful mint, chopped
- small handful watercress, chopped
For the vegetables
- 50 g salted butter
- 4 spears purple sprouting broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 spears asparagus, roughly chopped
- small handful frozen prawns, defrosted
For the sea bass
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 450g sea bass, scaled and filleted
- plain flour, for dusting
1. For the salsa: mix together all the ingredients but the herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Stir in the herbs and watercress just before serving.
2. For the sea bass: heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Cut a few horizontal slits into the sea bass skin and dust with flour. Cook skin-side down for 2-3 minutes, turn the fillets over and turn off the heat. These will continue to cook in the pan, so check them to ensure they dont overcook.
3. For the vegetables: heat the butter in a frying pan and add the broccoli and asparagus. Keep turning the vegetables in the butter until tender then add the prawns. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve the sea bass fillets on a bed of the vegetables with a spoonful of salsa on the side.
Rate This Recipe