- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 ml vegetable oil
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g brioche breadcrumbs
- 4 smoked eels, sliced into 2cm segments
For the horseradish dip
- 2 tsp horseradish, from a jar
- 50 ml cream
- sprigs chervil
- lemon wedges
1. For the horseradish dip: in a small bowl, combine the horseradish and cream, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan.
3. Sprinkle the flour onto a plate and toss the eels in it until both sides are coated. Tap off the excess flour.
4. Dip the floured eels into the beaten eggs, then into the brioche breadcrumbs.
5. Deep-fry in the hot oil until golden, then remove from the oil and drain.
6. Garnish the fried eel with chervil sprigs and serve with the horseradish dip and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe