- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pesto:
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- 25 g blanched toasted hazelnuts
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil and parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the tomatoes:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Prepared and cooked in less time than it takes to boil your pasta, these fresh sauces will knock the socks off any shop-bought sauce. Don't forget that fresh pasta freezes beautifully, so you can always have it to hand.
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. Meanwhile, make the pesto. Place the garlic, salt and peppercorns in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle. Add the nuts and pound a little more, then add the herbs and grated Parmesan. Pound and grind until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
3. Add the olive oil and stir until incorporated.
4. Heat the oil for the tomatoes in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the sliced tomatoes, vinegar and a little sugar and fry until slightly coloured on both sides. Season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta, then return to the saucepan. Scrape all the pesto into the pasta and stir in vigorously to incorporate. Serve topped with fried tomatoes.
Rate This Recipe