- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
chicken liver vinaigrette
- 50 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 15 g butter
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- 450 g lardons of bacon
- 0.5 baguettes, cut into 12 slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 170 ml chicken livers, vinaigrette
- 2 frisée, heads, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 165 g roquefort cheese, cut into 2.5cm cubes
1. Season the livers with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until it foams and subsides.
3. Add the livers to the pan and fry for about three minutes on each side.
4. Remove the livers and leave to rest for a few minutes. Place the livers in the blender.
5. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the vinegar, deglazing from the bottom of the pan, away from the heat.
6. Add the vinegar to the blender with the livers.
7. Add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
8. Season again to taste. Set aside and make the salad.
9. Cook the bacon in enough boiling water to cover for one minute then drain and discard the water.
10. Toast the baguette slices and drizzle with olive oil.
11. Place a frying pan on high heat until sizzling hot. Add the bacon and cook until crispy and brown.
12. Place the cooked bacon in the salad bowl and discard all but two tablespoons of the bacon fat.
13. Over a medium-high heat, add the chicken liver vinaigrette to the now empty but still hot pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
14. Place the frisée in the salad bowl with the bacon and add the sliced shallot.
15. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
16. Spread some Roquefort on each of the slices of toasted baguette.
17. Divide the salad among six serving plates, top each with two cheese-smeared toasts, and serve.
Rate This Recipe