- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml light olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 aubergine
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into 1cm squares
- 1 green pepper, cored and deseeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 400 g lamb's offal, heart, liver and kidney, cleaned
1. Heat 5 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, deep heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add the potato and onion, and fry over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until they take on a little colour.
3. Stir in the aubergine, fennel, peppers, garlic, chilli and thyme. Fry over a medium heat for 30-35 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the vegetables are nicely caramelised. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Meanwhile, cut the offal into 1cm pieces. Heat the remaining olive oil in another heavy-based frying pan over a high heat until it is almost smoking. Cook the offal for about 2 minutes - should remain rare.
5. Transfer the vegetables to the offal and mix well, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.
Rate This Recipe