- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- extra virgin olive oil, for deep frying
- 400 g chestnut flour
- 500 ml water
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, a pinch of salt and the water. Whisk until you have a smooth and even batter.
2. Drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil a few at a time. Fry, turning as needed, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
3. Transfer to a plate with an absorbent paper towel to absorb excess oil.
4. Plate the fritters on a serving dish and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe