- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g pieces monkfish, in 2cm slices
- 4 courgettes, cut into 1cm square chip
- 4 globe artichokes, peeled, cored and quartered
- 4 tinned anchovies, in oil
- 8 large sage leaves
For the batter:
- 280 g '00' flour
- 240 ml milk
- olive oil, for deep-frying
For the chilli sauce:
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 bags bunch mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. For the batter: put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the milk and whisk to form a smooth batter.
2. Preheat the olive oil in a deep fat fryer to 190C.
3. Coat the fish and vegetables in batter, shaking off any excess.
4. Deep fry the fish and vegetables all together until they are golden and float to the top (you may have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your fryer). Drain and season. Fry the sage leaves for a few seconds until crispy, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
5. For the chilli sauce: mix all the sauce ingredients together and then pour over the fritto misto. Serve scattered with the crispy sage leaves.
Rate This Recipe