- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 500 g peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 350 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp ground star anise
- 2 egg whites
- 125 ml clear honey
- 3 tbsp ouzo, (optional)
- 3 whole star anise, (optional), to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw egg whites. It should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Set aside half the peaches. Halve and stone the rest.
2. Put the peach halves in a blender with the lemon juice and grated citrus peels. Whiz to a purée.
3. Add the yoghurt, star anise, egg whites, honey and ouzo, if using. Blend for 5 seconds.
4. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, put in a shallow container and freeze for a few hours in the freezer.
5. When ready to serve, halve, stone and thinly slice the reserved peaches.
6. Spoon the frozen peach yoghurt into dessert glasses. Top with the peach slices and a whole star anise, if using.
Rate This Recipe