- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 bananas, peeled and halved
- 200 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- sprinkles, for decorating
Tips and Suggestions
Cut the bananas into quarters to make smaller pops if you prefer, for easier dipping and snacking
1. Insert a lollipop stick into each banana half and arrange on a tray, making sure they are not touching. Cover and put in the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight, until frozen.
2. Arrange the sprinkles on different plates, if you are using different types. Get a florist's oasis, a shoebox with holes in or an overturned colander ready for your banana pops.
3. Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water isn't touching the bottom of the bowl.
4. Working quickly, dip a banana pop in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to get it completely coated in chocolate. Once coated, dip the top in sprinkles and then stand it in the oasis until set completely.
5. Repeat this until half the banana pops are ready.
6. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. As before, dip each banana pop in the melted chocolate, dip into sprinkles and leave to set completely.
7. Serve straight away, or keep in the freezer.
Would you rather make cake pops? Take a look at Rachel Allen's easy cake pop recipe
Rate This Recipe