- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 10 mins cooling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g plain flour
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g dried cherries
- 50 g pitted dates, chopped
- 50 g shelled pistachio nuts
- 50 g whole blanched almonds
- 50 g skinned hazelnuts
- 2 lemons, zested
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and half of the beaten egg mixture.
3. Then add half of the remaining egg mixture until the dough comes together. Only add the remaining egg mixture if needed.
4. Mix in the sultanas, cherries, dates, pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts and lemon zest.
5. Divide the mixture into thirds and roll into sausage shapes. Place the 'sausages' on baking parchment on baking sheets and slightly flatten them.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown, then remove and leave for 10 minutes to cool and firm up.
7. Meanwhile reduce the oven temperature to 140ºC/gas 1.
8. With a serrated knife, cut the baked dough sausages on an angle into 5mm slices and lay these biscotti on lined baking sheets.
9. Return the biscotti to the oven for 12 minutes turn them over and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until golden.
10. Leave to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe