- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 10 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 50 g bran
- 200 g brown sugar
- 110 g raisins
- 60 g dried apricots, chopped
- 250 ml milk
- 165 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- grated zest of 1 oranges
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together the bran, brown sugar, raisins and apricots.
3. Pour in the milk, stir vigorously and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the wholewheat flour and baking powder.
5. Stir the orange zest into the bran mixture.
6. Fold the flour mixture into the bran mixture.
7. Turn the mixture into a 900g greased, base-lined loaf tin.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until cooked through.
9. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe