- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g butter
- 100 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 raw tiger prawns, shelled
- 400 g lobster meat, cut into chunks
- 400 g bream, fillets
- 400 g squid, sliced and scored into a diamond pattern
- black pepper
- 500 g crab meat
- 200 ml pastis
- 20 ml dry white wine
- large bunch of leaves basil
- juice of 1 limes
1. Make a beurre manié by simply kneading the butter and flour together until it forms a smooth mixture. Wrap in cling film and chill until required.
2. Heat the oil in a very hot pan and add the garlic and onion. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the prawns, lobster, bream and calamari to the pan, taking care to keep each ingredient separate. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, remove from the heat and stir in the pastis and wine. Return to the heat and cook for 1 minute. Lift out the seafood ingredients and keep warm.
5. Add the crab and basil to the liquid in the pan. Break off pieces of the beurre manié and stir well to thicken the sauce.
6. When the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and add the reserved seafood. Stir in the lime juice, adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe