- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 3 bananas
- 3 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, chunked
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 5 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 amaretto (almond liqueur), such as Amaretto
For the mousse mixture
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 caster sugar
- 250 mascarpone
- 250 whipped cream
- 3 amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 3 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 400 ml pineapple juice
- 12 sponge fingers, such as Savoiardi
- 6 chocolate
1. Combine all the fruit with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the amaretto liqueur. Leave to steep for about 20 minutes.
2. With an electric whisk, whip the egg yolks and sugar for about 3-5 minutes, until thick and pale.
3. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
4. Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the whipped cream.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until at soft peak stage.
6. Fold in the egg whites into the cream mixture and add 3 tbsp of the almond liqueur, taking care not to loose the volume.
7. Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons of almond liqueur with the pineapple juice. Dip each biscuit into this liquid for about 2 seconds on each side, and place a layer of soaked biscuits on the bottom of a deep serving bowl.
8. Place a layer of the marinated fruit on top and then spread over half of the cream mixture.
9. Add another layer of biscuits and repeat the process again. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until firm - the longer it's left, the more the flavours will develop. Just before serving, scatter the surface with crushed chocolate flakes.
Rate This Recipe