- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 100 g prunes
- 100 g dried apricots
- 1.5 litres water
- 250 g caster sugar
- 75 g pudding rice, or tapioca
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slices lemons
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp currants
1. In a large bowl, place the prunes and dried apricots to soak in the water for 30 minutes.
2. Pour the prune and dried apricot mixture, with the soaking water, into a large saucepan.
3. Add in the sugar, pudding rice and cinnamon stick.
4. Bring to the boil, then add in the lemon slices. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the cooking apple, raisins and currants.
6. Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes, until the apple chunks are just about to break up.
7. Cool and serve at room temperature. The fruit soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Rate This Recipe