- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the baked beans
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 250 g canned pinto beans, drained
- 200 g bacon, finely diced
- 1 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 800 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/4 bunches flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
For the English breakfast
- 4 slices back bacon
- 1 sausages
- 2 slices smoked black pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 vine ripened plum tomato, halved
- 2 field or flat mushrooms
- 4 slices toasted granary bloomer bread
1. For the baked beans: heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, then lightly fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft but not coloured. Add all of the remaining baked bean ingredients, stir well and simmer for 10-12 minutes until thickened.
2. For the breakfast: Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
3. Place the tomatoes and mushrooms into a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over the thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon, sausages and black pudding, until cooked through. Cook the eggs to your liking.
5. To serve, pile the bacon, sausages, black pudding and eggs onto serving plates, and spoon the baked beans on the side. Serve with the toasted granary bloomer.
Rate This Recipe