- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g fusilli pasta
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil, for frying
- handful roasted cashew nuts
- leaves basil, for garnish
For the pesto
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil, leaves only, washed and dried
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- small handful roasted cashew nuts
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. For the pesto: put all the pesto ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until finely blended.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until just tender. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the tomatoes.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan and fry the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. In a clean pan, heat a little olive oil and fry some cashews until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and chop coarsely.
5. Drain the pasta, transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the pesto and tomatoes. Garnish with the chopped cashews and basil leaves.
Rate This Recipe