- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and halved, roughly chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 gammon steaks, chopped
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 100 ml pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 2-3 handfuls rocket and watercress leaves
- 1/2 limes, juice only
- walnut oil, to drizzle (optional)
1. Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan and fry the pineapple chunks for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add the sugar and fry for one minute, or until the sugar has dissolved, then pour in the pineapple juice and bring to a simmer. Remove the pineapple chunks from the pan, and arrange on a serving plate.
2. Boil the pineapple juice for 4-5 minutes, or until reduced to a syrupy consistency. Allow to cool slightly, then fold the syrup into the soured cream, add the lime juice and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan until smoking, then add the gammon chunks and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Pile onto the serving plate with the pineapple.
4. To serve, drizzle the pineapple and gammon with the soured cream dressing and top with the salad leaves. If using, drizzle some walnut oil on top and serve.
Rate This Recipe