- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 small celeriac
- 1 small head of spring greens, shredded
- 2 round-shaped gammon steaks
- salt, nd freshly ground pepper
- 100 ml ham or vegetable stock
- 100 ml german riesling
- 2 tsp coarse grain mustard
- 250 g quark
1. Drain the sauerkraut and rinse it well in cold water. Squeeze dry and remove as much water as possible.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and add in the onion, celeriac, spring greens and sauerkraut. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based frying pan and brush with oil. Season the gammon with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook in the pan for 3-4 minutes either side. Remove the gammon from the pan and keep warm.
4. Pour the stock and white wine into the pan the gammon was cooked in. Cook briskly until slightly reduced.
5. Mix in the mustard and quark to make a soft, creamy sauce, seasoning to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. To serve pile the stir-fry in the centre of 2 serving plates and top each portion with a gammon steak. Pour the mustard sauce over and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe