- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the cinnamon sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cake
- 525 g canned chickpeas, drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, grated rind and juice
1. To make the cinnamon sugar, mix the caster sugar and ground cinnamon together. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly butter and line the base of a 500g capacity loaf tin.
3. Tip the chickpeas into a colander, drain thoroughly then rub in the palms of your hands to remove the skins. Put the chickpeas into a blender and whiz until smooth.
4. Spoon the puree into a bowl and add the eggs, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and the orange juice and rind.
5. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to stand in the tin for about 10 minutes. Turn the cake onto a wire rack, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and leave to cool. Serve with sliced fresh pineapple.
Rate This Recipe