- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 handfuls each parsley and basil, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp honey
Tips and Suggestions
Try this dish with brown rice or new potatoes. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk
1. In a large bowl, mix the garlic, onion, ginger, parsley and basil with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the lamb chops and mix with your hands until the meat is completely covered in the marinade. Cover and leave for an hour in the fridge, or overnight.
2. Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Season the lamb, then heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chops on a high heat for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer the chops onto a baking sheet, sprinkle over the thyme and roast for 15 minutes, until just cooked through.
3. Lightly brush each chop with honey and garnish with a sprig of thyme and a mint leaf and serve with the lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe