- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the aioli
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 pinches smoked paprika
For the scallops
- 12 hand-dived scallops, with shells
- 150 ml olive oil
- ½ tsp Lemon thyme
- 2 lemons, juice of 1 and finely grated zest of both
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 pinches sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. For the aioli: put the mustard, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and egg yolks in a blender or food processor, add a little salt and pepper and blend for a minute until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add the vegetable and olive oils you may need to add a tablespoon of water if the mixture becomes too thick you want it to be the consistency of mayonnaise. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the smoked paprika. Set aside in a cool place.
3. For the scallops: run the scallops under cold water until thoroughly clean, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Carefully remove the scallop meat from the shells. Scrub the shells, then dry them and set aside.
4. Put the olive oil, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add the scallops and ensure they are well coated. Place each scallop back into a shell and arrange on two baking trays. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the scallops are cooked through.
5. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the scallops and serve them in their shells with the aioli.
Rate This Recipe