- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 sprig thyme
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, ideally Cara
- 1 red onions
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 1 bunches watercress, to garnish
1. Chop one clove of garlic and pick the leaves from two of the thyme sprigs. Peel back the chicken skin and tuck the thyme and garlic under the skin.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter over the remaining thyme. Smash the second clove of garlic with the back of your hand or a knife and drop into the oil to infuse. Put in an airtight container and marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. When you are ready to cook the meal, peel and slice potatoes and red onion.
4. Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan and reduce by one third.
5. Preheat the the oven to 180C/gas 4. Brush a roasting tray with olive oil. Layer the potatoes and onions in the tray and top up with the stock. Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
6. Meanwhile, brown the chicken breasts in a non-stick frying for a minute on each side. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
9. Serve the chicken and potatoes together, and garnish with the watercress.
Rate This Recipe