- Serves: 4-5
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg skinless boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp tomato purée
- 1 canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 large green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry until golden brown.
2. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until they are browned all over. Add the garlic, tomato puree and canned tomatoes. Increase the heat to high and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the wok and cook gently until the chicken is tender and the mixture has changed to a deeper colour. By this time, oil should be visible on the surface around the edges of the mixture.
4. Stir in the chilli and coriander, replace the lid and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and serve with warm naan bread or zeera (cumin) basmati rice and raita.
Rate This Recipe