- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 15 minutes cooling
- Effort: easy
For the mint and new potato salad
- 500 g new potatoes
- 100 g frozen or fresh peas
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- small handful mint leaves, finely chopped
For the garlic lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 lamb cutlets
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- mixed leaf salad, to serve
1. For the mint and new potato salad: boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil, add the peas and boil for 2-3 minutes or until just tender then drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and mint. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
3. When the potatoes and peas are cold, add to the mint mayonnaise and mix together. Set aside.
4. For the garlic lamb cutlets: heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the cutlets with salt and black pepper and add to the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden-brown, then turn the cutlets, add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the redcurrant jelly and cook for a further minute, or until cooked to your liking, then remove from the heat and rest the lamb for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve the lamb with the redcurrant pan sauce and the mint and new potato salad and mixed leaves on the side.
Rate This Recipe