- Serves: 4 as part of a tapas meal
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes see Cook's Tip
- Effort: easy
- drizzle of olive oil
- 450 g raw king prawns, peeled, tail on
- 3-4 garlic cloves, skin on, roughly crushed
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 100 ml dry sherry, such as fino
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
To cut down on prep time buy your king prawns ready peeled with tails left on.
1. Heat a heavy frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Add the prawns with the crushed garlic, chilli flakes and paprika. Stir and cook for about 3-4 mins until the prawns turn pink.
3. Pour in the sherry and scrape up any sediment from the pan cook down until most of it has evaporated about 1-2 mins.
4. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the prawns adding more if you think it needs more sharpness. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and finish with chopped parsley. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe